About Pegasus Biotech
Pegasus Biotech was founded in November, 2019 by three senior scientific leaders from Elanco's Victoria PEI R&D site. Our laboratory services are headquartered at the Duffy Research Center (NRC-Canada) in Charlottetown, PEI.
Pegasus Biotech Inc. is an agile biotech company focused in providing high quality vaccine (DNA, autogenous, rProtein) development services to the animal health sector as well as developing accurate and reliable analytical testing methods for the human and animal health industry.
Our Vision: At Pegasus Biotech, we strive to be the premier biotechnology CRO and consultancy in North America.
Our team is comprised of three senior scientists with a combined 50+ years of experience in the biotechnology industry and 30+ years of management experience. Our combined areas of expertise include cell culture/fermentation and purification process development, analytical assay development, veterinary biologic product development and regulatory submission (EMA, CFIA, FDA, USDA), point-of-care and clinical diagnostic instrument and assay development, GLP/GMP lab quality standards and HSE.
- 20 years experience in the Canadian biotechnology sector.
- Subject-Matter expert in Analytical Development.
- Key player in approval of four medical devices in Canada.
- 22 years experience in the North American biotechnology sector.
- Subject-Matter expert in Molecular Biology.
- Key player in the development of GeneExpress® database suite and Axela’s Ziplex® system for breast cancer diagnostic.
- 20 years experience in the North American biotechnology sector.
- Recognized leader in biopharmaceutical product development.
- Technical leader (CMC) responsible for the first DNA vaccine (Clynav) approved in Europe.